SubjectRe: security: delete BIOS password in keyboard buffer during kernel bootup
On Sun, 9 Nov 2008 09:41:20 +0100
Mathias Schnarrenberger <mathias.schnarrenberger@gmx.de> wrote:

> > What if my BIOS stores some critical info at that memory address?
> > I don't think the kernel is the right place to work around this
> > issue.
>
> AFAIK every IBM PC compatible BIOS stores the keyboard buffer in this
> area.

that's a very bold statement...

there are MANY variations of BIOS that are not "IBM PC compatible". In
fact, that's the rule nowadays... they are only "Windows compatible"
often, anything that Windows doesn't use is.. untested at best.

visit http://www.lesswatts.org

  Last update: 2008-11-09 16:39    [W:0.452 / U:0.020 seconds]