SubjectRe: [patch] restore sched_exec load balance heuristics
From
On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 12:07 PM, Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu> wrote:
> ok, this should be solved - but rather at the level of
> sched_balance_self(): it should never migrate this task over to
> another cpu, it should take away this task's load from the current
> CPU's load when considering migration.

There are two callers to sched_balance_self(). In the sched_fork
path, sched_balance_self will balance the newly forked task. I think
it is OK to bounce a newly forked task to another CPU since current
CPU will be busy when fork returns in the parent process.

And if sched_balance_self() needs to different between fork / exec
load balance, it has to check a flag from function argument, which I
think it is better to just short circuit in sched_exec() directly.

- Ken

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans