    SubjectRe: [patch] restore sched_exec load balance heuristics
    On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 12:07 PM, Ingo Molnar <> wrote:
    > ok, this should be solved - but rather at the level of
    > sched_balance_self(): it should never migrate this task over to
    > another cpu, it should take away this task's load from the current
    > CPU's load when considering migration.

    There are two callers to sched_balance_self(). In the sched_fork
    path, sched_balance_self will balance the newly forked task. I think
    it is OK to bounce a newly forked task to another CPU since current
    CPU will be busy when fork returns in the parent process.

    And if sched_balance_self() needs to different between fork / exec
    load balance, it has to check a flag from function argument, which I
    think it is better to just short circuit in sched_exec() directly.

    - Ken

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-11-06 21:35    [W:0.021 / U:134.504 seconds]