SubjectRe: [patch 0/7] cpuset writeback throttling
On Wed, 5 Nov 2008, Andrew Morton wrote:

> See, here's my problem: we have a pile of new code which fixes some
> problem. But the problem seems to be fairly small - it only affects a
> small number of sophisticated users and they already have workarounds
> in place.

Well yes... Great situation with those workarounds.

> So the world wouldn't end if we just didn't merge it. Those users
> stick with their workarounds and the kernel remains simpler and
> smaller.
>
> How do we work out which is the best choice here? I don't have enough
> information to do this.

Not sure how to treat this. I am not involved with large NUMA at this
point. So the people who are interested need to speak up if they want
this.

  Last update: 2008-11-05 22:31    [W:0.077 / U:0.392 seconds]