    SubjectRe: [git patches] libata hibernation fixes
    Linus Torvalds wrote:
    > On Tue, 4 Nov 2008, Pavel Machek wrote:
    >> (Is park command normally supported on modern disks? IIRC hdaps people
    >> had issues with not all disks supporting it?)
    > The modern version of parking is called "idle immediate". It may be that
    > only laptop drives support the "unload" part. But it's definitely not an
    > ancient and deprecated thing (although calling it "parking" is apparently
    > old-fashioned :)

    I'm afraid trying to use that new extension during shutdown would cause
    far more trouble which would require extensive black/white list at the
    end. For hdaps, it's okay as the laptops w/ those sensors are supposed
    to have matching hard drive but using it on generic machines doesn't
    sound like a sane idea.

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-11-05 03:25    [W:0.021 / U:44.204 seconds]