SubjectRe: [git patches] libata hibernation fixes
Hi!

> - quite possibly: we just should not spin down disks at all, and just
> flush them and do the "park" command thing. If we're _really_ powering
> off, the disks will spin down on their own when power goes away. Maybe
> that's what Windows does?

I believe that 'emergency' spindown (on power fail) is different from
regular spindown, and that emergency spindown damages the disk more.

But perhaps park + power fail is similar to regular spindown?

(Is park command normally supported on modern disks? IIRC hdaps people
had issues with not all disks supporting it?)

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans