From: Jeff Garzik [mailto:jeff@garzik.org]
To: Subbu Seetharaman [mailto:subbus@serverengines.com], Greg KH [mailto:greg@kroah.com]
Cc: netdev@vger.kernel.org, LKML [mailto:linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org]
Sent: Sun, 02 Nov 2008 05:15:15 -0800
Subject: Re: [RESEND] benet: BladeEngine 10Gb NIC driver

Subbu Seetharaman wrote:
> Jeff,
>
> It is more than two months since the benet driver patch was made available as a single file as suggeted by you :
>
> ftp://ftp.serverengines.com/0001.benet.patch
>
> I have not seen this applied. Is there any reason for not applying this patch ? Do you want a patch against the latest git tree ?

The overall consensus at this year's Linux Kernel Summit was that this
driver still needs a lot of cleanup, so I'm gonna try an experiment and
stick this in the staging tree (currently jgarzik/netdev-2.6.git#benet).

Greg, do I need to do anything beyond simply putting it into the
directory? Do I need to add some code to taint, perhaps?

Jeff