    SubjectRe: [RESEND] benet: BladeEngine 10Gb NIC driver
    On Mon, Nov 03, 2008 at 03:42:28PM -0500, Jeff Garzik wrote:
    > Greg KH wrote:
    >>> It was in my email :) Repeating,
    >>> The 'benet' branch of
    >>> git://
    >>> It should be suitable for pulling directly into staging.
    >> Hm, call me extreemly stupid, but I don't see anything in that branch
    >> for this driver.
    >> Here's what I did:
    >> git fetch
    >> git:// benet
    >> master:jeff
    >> git checkout jeff
    >> Even looking around at this tree with 'gitk --all' I don't see anything.
    >> So what did I do wrong here?
    > Well, the commit has been there long enough to mirror out, and show up on
    > the web interface:
    > therefore I am guessing there is some git user error here... but I could
    > not say what, since I am unfamiliar with your style of git invocation.
    > I would recommend creating a new branch, or switching to an existing one,
    > and then pulling into it. Pulling from a branch always works in my
    > experience, and that's what I've been doing since git was first written.
    > URL=git://
    > git checkout -b tmp master
    > git pull $URL benet

    Ok, that worked just fine, sorry for the noise, I was trying to be
    "nice" and not use 'git pull' and use 'git fetch' like I thought I was
    supposed to be doing :)

    I can take it from here...

    greg k-h

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-11-03 21:55    [W:0.024 / U:130.356 seconds]