    SubjectRe: [RESEND] benet: BladeEngine 10Gb NIC driver
    Greg KH wrote:
    > On Mon, Nov 03, 2008 at 02:52:07PM -0500, Jeff Garzik wrote:
    >> Greg KH wrote:

    >>> Does someone have a pointer to the driver, so that we can see what is
    >>> needed to be done?
    >> It was in my email :) Repeating,
    >>
    >> The 'benet' branch of
    >> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jgarzik/netdev-2.6.git
    >>
    >> It should be suitable for pulling directly into staging.
    >
    > Hm, call me extreemly stupid, but I don't see anything in that branch
    > for this driver.
    >
    > Here's what I did:
    > git fetch git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jgarzik/netdev-2.6.git benet master:jeff
    > git checkout jeff
    >
    > Even looking around at this tree with 'gitk --all' I don't see anything.
    > So what did I do wrong here?

    Well, the commit has been there long enough to mirror out, and show up
    on the web interface:

    http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/jgarzik/netdev-2.6.git;a=shortlog;h=benet

    therefore I am guessing there is some git user error here... but I could
    not say what, since I am unfamiliar with your style of git invocation.

    I would recommend creating a new branch, or switching to an existing
    one, and then pulling into it. Pulling from a branch always works in my
    experience, and that's what I've been doing since git was first written.

    URL=git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jgarzik/netdev-2.6.git
    git checkout -b tmp master
    git pull $URL benet

    Regards,

    Jeff

      Last update: 2008-11-03 21:47    [W:0.023 / U:91.816 seconds]