    SubjectRe: rfkill, stupid question #6
    Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
    > On Mon, 03 Nov 2008, Matthew Garrett wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, Nov 03, 2008 at 01:02:29PM -0200, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
    >>
    >>> Right now, you should still rfkill_force_state(). Please wait for an hour
    >>> or two while I clean up that broken resume handling, and I will tell you for
    >>> sure.
    >>>
    >> Cool. I'll hold off posting my cleanups until then in that case.
    >>

    > Ok, two bugs reproduced, the fixes are ready and tested, and I will be
    > sending it now to linux-wireless. You're in the CC, so you will get them.
    >
    > I will also need to send patches for -stable, as the ones for mainline won't
    > apply to -stable.
    >
    > Now, for what you asked: you DO NOT HAVE to use rfkill_force_state() in your
    > driver's resume method, as long as you NEVER make use of
    > RFKILL_STATE_HARD_BLOCKED. I have fixed the bug that was messing this up.

    Thanks for fixing this, even though it doesn't affect my
    non-STATE_HARD_BLOCKED-using hardware.

    I have one more question. I read that if a STATE_SOFT_BLOCKED request
    is made when the hardware is in STATE_HARD_BLOCKED, the rfkill driver is
    expected to "double block".

    If the hard block is later cleared, the driver is expected to call
    rfkill_force_state(SOFT_BLOCKED). The SOFT_BLOCKED state can then be
    cleared as normal.

    But if there is an UNBLOCK request in the double-blocked state, the
    rfkill core will reject it and preserve the double-blocked state. Is
    this intended, or a known issue?

    Wouldn't it be simpler to use a bitmask so that the rfkill core can at
    least represent this double-blocked state? I guess the problem would be
    how to shoehorn it into the sysfs interface.

    Thanks
    Alan

      Last update: 2008-11-03 19:03    [W:3.397 / U:0.152 seconds]