    Subjectusb device not showing up
    Hi all,

    (please Cc)

    I have the following problem with a disappearing or better not appearing
    device: My Sony Vaio VGN-Z11 laptop contains a HSDPA modem:
    USB: Bus 004 Device 002: ID 0af0:6911 Option
    which is very nicely supported by the hso kernel module (when using the
    latest hso patches for the BUG).

    Interestingly this device does disappear if I cold boot into linux.

    - First booting Vista, then RE-booting (not turning it off in the
    meantime) into linux gives me that device and everything works.

    - Cold-booting into Linux and the device does not show up.

    There were some suggestions I found on the internet that I should echo 1
    to /sys/devices/platform/sony-acpi/wwanpower, which I could do and the
    value could be read from it again, but it didn't make the USB device
    show up.

    Is there any way to activate this device other than always going into
    Vista first?

    Is there a way to save some settings of this device after a reboot (so
    in a functional state) and restoring that later on?

    I am currently running 2.6.28-rc3 with Mattia Dongili's latest sony-acpi
    patches sent to the acpi ML, but had the same problems with -rc2 and
    2.6.27, without additional patches.

    Please let me know if I can provide further information, I will also
    happily hack my kernel to get this device working out of the box.

    Thanks a lot and all the best

    Dr. Norbert Preining <> Vienna University of Technology
    Debian Developer <> Debian TeX Group
    WETWANG (n.)
    A moist penis.
    --- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-11-03 17:25    [W:0.019 / U:11.892 seconds]