    SubjectRe: LTTng kernel integration roadmap, update
    On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 07:20:55AM -0500, Mathieu Desnoyers wrote:
    > The key idea behind this is to answer to Thomas Gleixner concerns, who
    > supports that a tracer should output data in text-format only so it can
    > be used with tools kernel developers have on their system, like "cat".

    Last time I talked to Thomas and others it wasn't "text only" but text
    also in that you can just cat a debugfs file for simple tracing. And I
    totally agree with that. If you don't trace too much that's absolutely
    enough. It's not enough for large traces on highly loaded enterprise
    or high-end embedded systems or things like flight recorder tracing, but
    for those requiring an external viewer is just fine.

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-11-25 09:27    [W:0.020 / U:5.840 seconds]