SubjectRe: LTTng kernel integration roadmap, update
On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 06:28:42AM -0500, Mathieu Desnoyers wrote:
> - trimmed-down lttv for the kernel tree
> Need to look at
> git://
> tests/ directory, which permits building userspace tools with the
> Linux kernel. I recently got the idea of populating debugfs with
> userspace tools that would sits in kernel module data. How (in)sane
> does this idea look ? That would seems like a rather good solution to
> ship the userspace tool with the kernel.

Completely insane I'd say. Debugfs is per defintion populated from
kernelspace, and adding another mixed user/kernel populated fs like
devfs is a rather bad idea. I don't quite see any point in shipping
lttv with the kernel tree either, it shouldn't really need knowledge of
the kernel version.