    SubjectRe: LTTng kernel integration roadmap, update
    On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 06:28:42AM -0500, Mathieu Desnoyers wrote:
    > - trimmed-down lttv for the kernel tree
    > Need to look at
    > git://
    > tests/ directory, which permits building userspace tools with the
    > Linux kernel. I recently got the idea of populating debugfs with
    > userspace tools that would sits in kernel module data. How (in)sane
    > does this idea look ? That would seems like a rather good solution to
    > ship the userspace tool with the kernel.

    Completely insane I'd say. Debugfs is per defintion populated from
    kernelspace, and adding another mixed user/kernel populated fs like
    devfs is a rather bad idea. I don't quite see any point in shipping
    lttv with the kernel tree either, it shouldn't really need knowledge of
    the kernel version.

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-11-24 12:45    [W:0.018 / U:13.732 seconds]