    SubjectRe: Linux 2.6.27-git3: no SD card reader
    Pierre Ossman wrote:
    > On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 23:27:59 +0200
    > "J.A. Magallón" <> wrote:
    >>> Have you tested more than one card?
    >> I have two (both unknown brands for me, but I write full names fwiw):
    >> - One "MBA Executive HiSpeed SD", 2Gb
    >> - One "takeMS SDHC card Class6", 8Gb
    >> Both give about 10Mb/s on read with hdparm under 2.6.27.
    > And both work fine in one of the slots, but not the other?
    >>> What machine is this?
    >> It's an Acer Aspire One. From what I have seen, there are two SD devices.
    >> Both are capable to read SDHC cards, I have switched cards and they work
    >> (or at the moment both are working as backwards-compatible in plain SD
    >> mode, if that even exists...).
    > The SD/SDHC distinction is all software, so the hardware doesn't really
    > care.
    >> I call this half-working because I have to boot with a card inside a slot
    >> to have it detected. If i boot without the card-in, it even dissapears from
    >> lspci. This is just with the left SD inserted:
    > No idea why this occurs. I'd guess some ACPI voodoo. You're going to
    > have to check with the PCI and/or ACPI guys to figure that part of the
    > mystery out.

    This specific problem is what I thought Matthew's acpiphp patch would
    solve - see my comment

    If I've got this right, then this *specific* issue isnot a regression.

    Matthew, if I have confused two similar issues, could you please help by
    explaining the differences?

      Last update: 2008-11-23 23:27    [W:0.022 / U:4.640 seconds]