    SubjectRe: [RFC -tip] x86: introduce ENTRY(KPROBE)_X86 assembly helpers to catch unbalanced declaration
    On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 09:21:03PM +0300, Cyrill Gorcunov wrote:
    > [Sam Ravnborg - Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 07:12:48PM +0100]
    > | >
    > | > I don't have -next tree on my laptop, neither cross-compile tools but
    > | > if someone could test it -- it would be great. But I used gas macros
    > | > here -- i doubt other architectures has the same syntax. At least
    > | > PDP-11 would beat us with ';' symbol :)
    > |
    > | If we include this in any of the 100+ trees that Stephen sucks
    > | into -next we will get it tried out.
    > |
    > | Ingo has so and so does others so getting it into -next
    > | is rather easy. Then the automated builds will tell of if
    > | it fails on any of the toolchains used there.
    > |
    > | Sam
    > |

    > Sam, to be clear, you mean that I could put this stuff into general
    > include/linux/linkage.h with general names as ENTRY/END and the same
    > for KPROBE so it could be merged into -next tree for testing? If yes,
    > that as I said there will be a lot of errors so build will stuck in
    > a moment 'cause of unbalanced ENTRY. Not sure if it's a good idea :)

    Hi Cyrill,

    Aborting might be a bit to heavyhanded for -next. Maybe you should
    prepare a version that only gives a warning for the first problem
    it encounters per file? That would be fine in -next.

    Greetings,
    Alexander

    > - Cyrill -

      Last update: 2008-11-23 19:49    [W:0.020 / U:1.032 seconds]