    SubjectRe: processors core stuck in full throttle after waking up from s2ram
    On Sat, 2008-11-22 at 23:33 +0100, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
    > On Saturday, 22 of November 2008, Justin P. Mattock wrote:

    > > > Surely not. The first core shows 2.16 GHz.
    > > >
    > > > Anyway, it certainly is not related to the s2ram program in any way.
    > >
    > > Normally I would see cpu MHz: 1000 under both entries,
    > > this time upon wakeup theres 1000 and 2167.00. the 2167.00 doesn't move
    > > down to 1000 i.g. example of system normally:
    > > cat /proc/cpuinfo <below>
    > >
    > > processor : 0
    > > vendor_id : GenuineIntel
    > > cpu family : 6
    > > model : 15
    > > model name : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU T7400 @ 2.16GHz
    > > stepping : 6
    > > cpu MHz : 1000.000
    > > cache size : 4096 KB
    > > physical id : 0
    > > siblings : 2
    > > core id : 0
    > > cpu cores : 2
    > > apicid : 0
    > > initial apicid : 0
    > > fdiv_bug : no
    > > hlt_bug : no
    > > f00f_bug : no
    > > coma_bug : no
    > > fpu : yes
    > > fpu_exception : yes
    > > cpuid level : 10
    > > wp : yes
    > > flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
    > > mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe nx lm
    > > constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts pni
    > > dtes64 monitor ds_cpl vmx est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm lahf_lm
    > > tpr_shadow
    > > bogomips : 4322.48
    > > clflush size : 64
    > > power management:
    > >
    > > processor : 1
    > > vendor_id : GenuineIntel
    > > cpu family : 6
    > > model : 15
    > > model name : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU T7400 @ 2.16GHz
    > > stepping : 6
    > > cpu MHz : 1000.000
    > > cache size : 4096 KB
    > > physical id : 0
    > > siblings : 2
    > > core id : 1
    > > cpu cores : 2
    > > apicid : 1
    > > initial apicid : 1
    > > fdiv_bug : no
    > > hlt_bug : no
    > > f00f_bug : no
    > > coma_bug : no
    > > fpu : yes
    > > fpu_exception : yes
    > > cpuid level : 10
    > > wp : yes
    > > flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
    > > mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe nx lm
    > > constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts pni
    > > dtes64 monitor ds_cpl vmx est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm lahf_lm
    > > tpr_shadow
    > > bogomips : 4322.51
    > > clflush size : 64
    > > power management:
    > >
    > > under normal use this
    > > will move between 2167.00 to 1000 simultaneously under load with both
> [...]

    The setup I have is cpufreq_ondemand for
    regular use, switch to cpufreq_powersave when watching
    flash movies, or media. The acpi_cpufreq module is loaded
    as well. The daemon I use is powersaved.
    At this point I think what I'm going to do is downgrade
    my xserver, so I can load the other gpu driver, to see
    how it reacts upon wakeup(that is if I can get it to load);
    This way I can determine if it's a graphics module that causing
    this or not.
    regards;

    --
    Justin P. Mattock <justinmattock@gmail.com>

      Last update: 2008-11-23 04:33    [W:0.058 / U:58.932 seconds]