    SubjectRe: linux-next: rr tree build failure
    On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 22:41:32 -0800, Greg KH <gregkh@suse.de> wrote:

    > > FYI, if Pete had discovered this __setup issue today, the correct fix would
    > > be:
    > > 1) core_param(nousb) for backwards compat.
    > > 2) module_param(disable) for modern users who want module/in-built symmetry
    > > (ie. boot cmdline "usbcore.disable", and "modprobe usbcore disable")

    > Is there a real reason why we need to change this at all?

    As far as I know, in Fedora "nousb" is never used as a module parameter.
    It came about because interrupt tables are sometimes bad and once
    a request_irq() is done in an HCD, there's an interrupt storm. So,
    the "nousb" is mostly used in the SysLinux's command line, rarely
    in the real command line, and never in /etc/modprobe.conf.
    I'm adding Jeremy to cc: for confirmation.

    I think it would be good to try and drop "nousb" option in Fedora 11.
    The conflict with "nousbstorage" would resolve itself too if we do.

    -- Pete

      Last update: 2008-11-22 18:33    [W:0.034 / U:31.860 seconds]