    SubjectRe: understanding firmware loader for speedtouch (kernel 2.6.21.5)
    Date
    > >> Do you have any news regarding my case of slow transfers via
    > >> Speedtouch USB modem on linux ?
    > >
    > > I found my old speedtouch modem and tested here. I got 2.1 Mbaud
    > > bulk downspeed, and 3 Mbaud isoc downspeed. This last is half the
    > > speed my line supports, so something is wrong [*]. Unfortunately
    > > I'm not very motivated to try to find out what, because I don't
    > > use this modem myself anymore. It looks like someone needs to do
    > > some more reverse engineering work on the windows driver.
    >
    > Duncan, as you remember we discussed 1 year ago speed issues with
    > Speedtouch driver. Please let me know if the driver has been fixed to
    > support higher speeds? Or is it still limited to 3Mbaud top ?

    Nothing changed, so I suppose it is still slow. I'm not planning
    to work on this - I no longer have any interest in these modems
    (I should really remove myself as maintainer).

    Sorry for the bad news,

    Duncan.

      Last update: 2008-11-19 14:19    [W:0.020 / U:1.168 seconds]