    SubjectRe: [Bug #11308] tbench regression on each kernel release from 2.6.22 -> 2.6.28

    On Mon, 17 Nov 2008, David Miller wrote:
    > Again, do a non-NMI profile and the top (at least for me)
    > looks like this:

    Can _you_ please do a NMI profile and see what your real problem is?

    I can't imagine that Niagara (or whatever) is so weak that it can't do

    The fact is, David, that Ingo just posted a profile that was _better_ than
    anything you have ever posted, and it doesn't show what you complain
    about. So he's not seeing it. Asking him to do a _stupid_ profile is just
    that: stupid.

    So try to figure out why his (better) profile doesn't match your
    (inferior) one, instead of asking him to do stupid things. It's some
    difference in architectures, likely: maybe the sparc timekeeping is crap,
    maybe it's a cache issue and sparc caches are crap, maybe it's something
    where Niagara (is it niagara) has some oddness that shows up because it
    has that odd four-threads+four-cores or whatever.

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-11-17 20:59    [W:0.019 / U:7.460 seconds]