SubjectRe: [Tpctl-users] Inclusion of tp_smapi module into kernel?
Shem Multinymous wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 12:13 PM, J.R. Mauro <jrm8005@gmail.com> wrote:
>> There are several utilities maintained by this author, and finding
>> some way to merge the code has been tried more than once. If you look
>> back far enough, Andrew asked to have another of the project's members
>> sign off on the patch, and maybe that would be acceptable enough, but
>> afaik the author has never responded directly to that idea.
>
> We've discussed that in private at the time, and recently on LKML too.
> In summary:
> I'm fine with that, and so is everybody I talked to (including Linus),
> except Greg KH who vetoed it since he believes the code is irrevocably
> and contagiously evil.

Signed-off-by is about copyright, it's not a review issue. It means "I
certify that I know that the author had the rights to submit this code."
Code quality is important but separate.

-hpa

  Last update: 2008-11-17 20:23    [W:0.068 / U:0.048 seconds]