SubjectRe: [ath5k-devel] Bugs on aspire one A150
Bob Copeland wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Nov 2008 20:57:22 +0200, Maxim Levitsky wrote
>> Bob Copeland wrote:
>>> As a first stab, can you try this patch? This sets the address on
>> Works almost perfectly,
>>
>> when I load the module, then run macchanger, and then ifconfig wlan0 up
>> then it works, if I do an ifconfig up once, then ifdowning the interface, it
>> doesn't.
>
> Yeah, I had actually written more for that patch originally, but didn't
> post it because it was a bit more invasive. I think the issue is just that
> start() shouldn't program the mac at all and let add_interface handle that.
> I'll post a revised patch in a day or two.

>> The noise floor calibration issue bites me again and gain.
>> When it shows up, usually card continues to work, but at next assotiation
>> stops working.
>
> Does this help?
> http://marc.info/?l=linux-wireless&m=122570806813839&w=2
I'll test this, I guess that it should indeed help.

>> Transfer speeds are unusually low:
>
> You can try using the minstrel rate control algorithm, it may help.
This actually seems to be iwl3945 bug.

This is the tests I did:

1 . Upload / download from my desktop computer (connected via wired interface)
Speeds are rock solid 1.3 Mbytes/s in both directions

2. Then I tried to upload to my laptop (iwl3945)
Speeds were around 600 Kbytes/s, then after few minutes the ath5k dropped association, associated
again and transfer speed dropped below 64 Kbyte/s
(They didn't stall thought)

3. Then I reloaded the ath5k, it didn't help, 64 Kbyte/s again.

4. Then I tried to transfer files to desktop, 1.3 Mbytes/s again.

5. then tried the laptop, 64 Kbyte/s again

6. Then I reloaded the iwl3945 on laptop, and got 600 Kbytes/s.

It still isn't very clear who is responsible, but this is very fishy.
Maybe the ath5k shouldn't drop association, though.

600 Kbytes/s isn't good ether.

Also ath5k stopped working at all, when I did long test transfer between desktop and laptop, dmesg was full
of some strange message repeated, I haven't been able to reproduce that again, when I do, I will post that message.

In general, ath5k works nice here, big thanks to you for such great work.

Best regards,
Maxim Levitsky

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans