SubjectRe: Fix broken ownership of /proc/sys/ files

On Mon, 17 Nov 2008, Al Viro wrote:

> > We already initialize a _lot_ of fields, including fields that most
> > filesystem would likely end up re-initializing when reading an inode (like
> > i_size and i_nlink). Maybe it would be more sensible to initialize
> > i_gid/uid there too, when we are guaranteed to have that cacheline dirty
> > anyway (because we're initializing everything around those fields).
>
> *nod*
>
> It certainly makes sense to do it in a uniform way - there's enough
> users of new_inode() that want exactly that. I'll do that as soon
> as I get from under a huge pile of pending mail ;-/

Ok. I think zeroing i_mode might be a good idea too. Just to make sure..

> ObPendingStuff: would you mind a series of section annotations? That's
> a bunch of trivial one-liners and it kills the section noise - the remaining
> ones are few and tricky. It had sat around in my tree for several weeks
> and I can certainly carry it until the next cycle, but OTOH this stuff
> *is* trivial and the noise is annoying as hell.

Yeah, it would be good to get rid of at least the bulk of the section
warnings. A lot of them have historically been 100% real problems.

Linus

  Last update: 2008-11-17 19:53    [W:0.058 / U:1.312 seconds]