    SubjectInclusion of tp_smapi module into kernel?
    Date
    Hi,

    For thinkpad users, there is the tp_smapi module (along with thinkpad_ec and
    an improved hdaps driver):
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/tpctl

    I wanted to ask if there is some status on possible kernel inclusion. On
    http://www.linuxdriverproject.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/OutOfTreeDrivers
    I read
    "will not be accepted upstream due to authorship issues (written by an
    anonymous developer)"

    Now I can see copyright notices in all source files, though they may be
    incomplete. But anyway, would this be a real problem?
    Is there any rule that kernel code needs a named author? As long as it has a
    fitting license, shouldn't this be fine?

    (tp_smapi and thinkpad_ec are gpl2 or later, hdaps is gpl2, so this should be
    just fine)

    cu,

    --
    Hanno Böck Blog: http://www.hboeck.de/
    GPG: 3DBD3B20 Jabber/Mail: hanno@hboeck.de

    http://waldbesetzung.blogsport.de/ Waldbesetzung gegen Flughafenausbau
    Frankfurt, 28. - 30.11.
    http://www.jukss.de/ Jugemdumweltkongress, 27.12.-4.1.

      Last update: 2008-11-17 15:03    [W:0.020 / U:1.516 seconds]