SubjectRE: [patch 2/8] x86 PAT: set VM_PFNMAP flag in vm_insert_pfn

Yes. We need additional things to track MIXEDMAP and we are looking at that.
But, that is slightly more trickier than the general PFNMAP case. And
only in-tree user of MIXEDMAP is xip and that too it only uses it for
regular WB mapping. So, we thought we should fix the more common case
first here.

With MIXEDMAP there is no way whether to distinguish whether insert_pfn
Or insert_page was used while looking at VMA. We can probably use PFNMAP
in addition to MIXEDMAP to indicate that, which will make things easier.
But, we are still looking at that and trying to understand the change
implication.

Thanks,
Venki

  Last update: 2008-11-14 22:43    [W:0.134 / U:0.064 seconds]