SubjectRe: [madwifi-project] [RFC] Closing the project
On Thu, 2008-11-13 at 12:54 -0800, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 12:48 PM, Pavel Roskin <proski@gnu.org> wrote:
> > It would be great to have a detailed analysis why MadWifi failed.
>
> It didn't fail, it was just not the best approach to support Linux
> from the start, that's why *today* its just silly to go on with it,
> specially since the vendor involved is *contributing* and helping to
> implement support the right way.

OK, I mean MadWifi failed to deliver what it could have delivered. It
failed to improve the code significantly. It failed to deal with the
bugs that could have been fixed. It failed to release the code that was
written by the team members. It failed to stabilize.

> >> Just my advice: let MadWifi die already, stop wasting your time.
> >
> > I understand what you mean, but I have to deal with MadWifi anyway. As
> > I said before, I'd rather share my fixes that keep them to myself.
>
> Understood -- but perhaps you can identify what is lacking that you
> need to better help push what is required and missing.

Specifically for me - just three letters. DFS.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin

  Last update: 2008-11-13 22:15    [W:0.580 / U:0.024 seconds]