    Subject[patch 00/17] Trace Clock v3
    Hi,

    In this new version, I have integrated the changes I did following the comments
    I received for v2. I also reimplemented the "generic" trace clock so it is less
    intrusive and simply use a standard timer. I is not as bound to the xtime_lock
    as it previously was and it does not have to modify kernel/time.c anymore.

    I think this is pretty close to a mergeable state. I plan to keep more exotic
    features, such as dealing with non-synchronized TSCs without cache-line
    bouncing, for future improvement. As a reminder, when the trace clock detects an
    unsynchronized TSC on the machine, it prints the information about which kernel
    command line arguments must be used so the user can have synchronized timestamp
    counters. However, if the user wants to use his system with non-synchronized
    TSCs, the cache-line bouncing fallback is used.

    This patchset applies on top of 2.6.28-rc4.

    Mathieu

    --
    Mathieu Desnoyers

      Last update: 2008-11-13 00:35    [W:0.019 / U:59.988 seconds]