SubjectRe: CONFIG_NUMA breaks hibernation on x86-32 with PAE
Date
On Monday, 10 of November 2008, Andi Kleen wrote:
> Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu> writes:
> >
> > No good ideas - the bug description gives me the impression of memory
> > maps save/restore hickup in the hibernation code - and memory maps are
> > pretty much the only thing that are significantly different on NUMA.
>
> I assume the problem happened on a single node system.
> On single node the memory map should be actually quite similar
> to the UMA case.

It is. However, the problem is 100% reproducible on any 32-bit single-node
system with CONFIG_NUMA set, from what I can tell.

It doesn't happen if the kernel is booted with highmem=0, so it looks like
the code that saves highmem causes the problem to happen. However, this
same code works well for all of the !CONFIG_NUMA cases and practically only
the only non-open-coded it uses is kmap_atomic().

> One possibility would be to bisect if it ever worked?

Not sure it did, probably not. :-(

BTW, can you please tell me why HIGHMEM64G is requisite for NUMA on 32-bit?

Thanks,
Rafael

  Last update: 2008-11-10 19:25    [W:0.114 / U:0.212 seconds]