    SubjectRe: Can you use the USB HID interface within a driver?
    On Sat, Nov 1, 2008 at 13:32, Adam Nielsen <a.nielsen@shikadi.net> wrote:
    >>> Or perhaps someone could point me in the direction of a USB HID driver
    >>> that does things "properly" already?
    >>
    >> Please post "lsusb -v" for your device.
    >
    > Here's the output. I don't think any of the "class" drivers are suitable,
    > except as templates for interfacing with the main HID code...I think...

    I think, a real in-kernel driver for HID Power devices, which exports
    the device as a "power_supply" device to userspace, would be nice.

    That way, USB UPS's which support the HID Power devices:
    http://www.usb.org/developers/devclass_docs/pdcv10.pdf

    would show up like any other battery and AC connector and userspace
    could handle all of them without any specialized code:
    ls -1 /sys/class/power_supply/BAT0/
    alarm
    energy_full
    energy_full_design
    energy_now
    manufacturer
    model_name
    power
    present
    serial_number
    status
    technology
    type
    voltage_min_design
    voltage_now

    Thanks,
    Kay

      Last update: 2008-11-01 15:55    [W:0.039 / U:1.132 seconds]