    SubjectRe: Can you use the USB HID interface within a driver?
    > For 2.6.28, the HID code has been completely refactored, and converted
    > into a proper bus, making it possible to write driver easily in a way that
    > the driver implements only parts where device deviates from the HID
    > standard, and lets the rest to be handled by generic code. I guess this is
    > what you are looking for?

    Yes, that sounds like exactly what I'm after! This device seems to be
    HID with a custom protocol over the top, so presumably I can let the HID
    driver handle all the USB initialisation and just focus on the protocol.

    > Please look at drivers/hid in 2.6.28-rc1 or newer. There are quite a
    > couple of drivers already using this new infrastructure.

    Great, I'll have a look now - thanks!

    > If you have any further questions, I'll be happy to help you, but I will
    > be completely offline until 11th November, sorry.

    Thanks for that! I'll see how I go. If there are existing drivers I
    can use as examples, hopefully I should be okay for the most part.

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-11-02 00:23    [W:0.023 / U:40.324 seconds]