SubjectRe: AGP PAT issue.
Rene Herman wrote:

>>> Only talking about .27 and just making sure again the issue is known.
>>>
>>> The above mentioned subject for the entry cache one ("fix Xorg
>>> startup/shutdown slowdown with PAT") after all mistakingly says it
>>> does something for shutdown.
>>>
>> Can you try the patch here
>> http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0809.1/2074.html
>>
>> That should resolve both reserve and free issues..
>
> Not for .27 though.
>
> Rene.

Hi!
What's the status on this?

There are graphics devices we're working with that require large
(non-AGP) write-combined memory buffers at any time.
We can solve the tlb- and cache flush latencies by using pools of these
pages to allocate from and free to, but sooner or later we'll probably
end up with _huge_ memtype lists. In the (very unlikely) worst case I
guess they'd contain every other lowmem page in they system.

If I understand things correctly the patch above will fix this issue?
Will it be considered for future kernel inclusion.

Any enlightenment on this subject would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
/Thomas

  Last update: 2008-10-09 17:57    [W:0.308 / U:0.220 seconds]