    SubjectRe: Toggling GPIO at 38Khz
    On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 8:01 AM, Bill Gatliff <bgat@billgatliff.com> wrote:
    > Jon Smirl wrote:
    >

    >> Are there other techniques for generating pulse trains in the 36-56Khz
    >> range on a simple GPIO pin?
    >>

    > Yes.
    >
    > Use the GPIO pin to enable the output of an external circuit. Or, hope that the
    > GPIO pin in question is multiplexed with a timer/counter or PWM peripheral.
    >
    > But somehow, I don't think either answer is what you were looking for. :)

    The existing LIRC driver for a serial port is here:
    http://lirc.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/lirc/lirc/drivers/lirc_serial/lirc_serial.c?view=markup

    An example of serial based hardware is here:
    http://iguanaworks.net/product2.psp

    These are external boards people buy to use with MythTV. They are most
    commonly used on the x86, but the NSLU2 has been modified to use them
    too.

    The hardware can't be changed, people have bought thousands of these devices.

    Many people cut up a serial cable and solder it themselves...
    http://www.lirc.org/transmitters.html

    The problems with these devices are obvious, I use a USB one for my
    own system. It has a PIC chip in it with PWM out.

    --
    Jon Smirl
    jonsmirl@gmail.com

      Last update: 2008-10-08 15:09    [W:0.022 / U:58.388 seconds]