SubjectRe: WARNING: at fs/buffer.c:1186 mark_buffer_dirty+0x51/0x66()
Nick Piggin wrote:
> On Wednesday 29 October 2008 06:38, Vladislav Bolkhovitin wrote:
>> Nick Piggin wrote:

>>> Right. This is one of the warnings I see in my fault-injection testing.
>>> It is fixed by my patch to clean up and improve the page and buffer
>>> error handling in the vm/fs.
>> Can you specify which patch you referring? Is it in 2.6.27?
>
> It's just an RFC at the moment which I posted to fsdevel. Not in 2.6.27.

I see. I'm looking forward to see it in 2.6.28 or .29. This is really a
needed work.

BTW, have you even seen in your fault-injection testing that after
receiving a failure from a SCSI device during heavy load ext3 file
system mounted on it gets corrupted and journal replay on remount
doesn't repair it, only manual e2fsck helps? I've many times seen that,
including cases when the target was remaining up and fully functional.
See, e.g., "MOANING MODE ON" part in
http://marc.info/?l=linux-scsi&m=121932252324432&w=2. I haven't checked
that case since then, although I see such corruptions quite often. But
in all them I can't so clearly say that it isn't a target's failure.

Vlad

  Last update: 2008-10-31 19:15    [W:0.088 / U:0.016 seconds]