    SubjectRe: [linux-pm] Freezer: Don't count threads waiting for frozen filesystems.
    On Thu, 30 Oct 2008, Alan Stern wrote:
    > Okay. Don't forget things like ioctl for sockets -- they often involve
    > doing I/O directly to the network interface device.

    Yeah, ioctls should probably just always be protected (at least
    initially), regardless of what type of file they are done on.

    > What happens to a task accessing a non-regular file on a fuse
    > filesystem? :-)

    The same as on any other filesystem, i.e. the fs is only involved as
    far as calling init_special_inode(), the rest is taken care of by the
    VFS.

    Tejun Heo recently posted patches to fuse which enable emulating a
    char device from userspace. That is another matter, obviously we'd
    want to keep the "allow suspend during I/O" property of fuse in that
    case, even though there's a char device involved (but no hardware, at
    least not on that level).

    Miklos

      Last update: 2008-10-30 18:47    [W:3.144 / U:0.320 seconds]