SubjectRe: 2.6.27: ehci bug with AMD 770nb/SB700 southbridge. usb lockup
Date
On Donnerstag 30 Oktober 2008, Greg KH wrote:
Hi,
thanks for your answer.

> This chipset was known to have bugs in it, which I think we fixed
> already. I have a laptop with this chipset and it can sustain large
> ammounts of USB data just fine with the 2.6.27 kernel series, so I
> wonder if something is wrong with your usb disk drive?

as I wrote - it happens with several different enclosures.

1 containing a dvd-rw drive
1 containing ide disks - tried two different disks in this one
1 from a friend containing an ide disk, working well with his systems.
1 from the same friend containing a 2,5" drive and a y-cable,

That are four different enclosures and 5 different drives that are
problematic. I thought that it might be the 4 port hub, but if I disconnect it
and put in the mouse receiver directly the same things are happening. I also
tried different ports, it is always the same.

Glück Auf
Volker