    SubjectRe: [linux-pm] Freezer: Don't count threads waiting for frozen filesystems.
    Hi Miklos.

    On Wed, 2008-10-29 at 00:45 +0100, Miklos Szeredi wrote:
    > On Wed, 29 Oct 2008, Nigel Cunningham wrote:
    > > Hi.

    > > > Not going to work: you need to wait for all requests to be finished,
    > > > but those might depend on some other fuse filesystem which has already
    > > > been frozen.
    > >
    > > Okay. In that case, am I right in thinking that the request waiting on
    > > the frozen filesystem will be stuck in request_wait_answer,
    >
    > Yes.
    >
    > > and the
    > > userspace process that was trying to satisfy the request will be stuck
    > > in the FUSE_MIGHT_FREEZE call that was invoked for the frozen
    > > filesystem?
    >
    > No, it already passed that, before the filesystem got frozen. But it
    > doesn't matter, in either case i_mutex will already have been taken by
    > the VFS and it won't be released until the request completely
    > finishes.

    I think we're making different assumptions. I'm assuming that one of
    those solutions we already discussed is implemented, such that we don't
    start freezing a new filesystem until all the requests for the current
    filesystem are dealt with. Perhaps I should come up with a new version
    of the patch that implements that.

    Nigel

      Last update: 2008-10-29 00:57    [W:0.041 / U:120.744 seconds]