Subjecttmpfs support of xattrs?
The background: So during the initial configuration of a box I enabled
the xattr flags for ext3 and options of xattr in coreutils, and at the
time didn't realize that I'd hit a snag that would finally annoy me
enough after a month of getting a non-fatal error messages from cp "cp:
listing attributes of `/dev/null`: Invalid argument" to spend half a day
researching the cause and a potential solution.

Setup: udev mounts a tmpfs to /dev then fills it with device nodes.
Problem: the resulting tmpfs has no xattr support.
Therefore: Tmpfs without xattrs, and coreutils and everywhere else with
xattr support, cp freaks.

Is there sometime in the forseable future when the tmpfs module will
support for xattrs in the stable branch, or should I "holler at the
maintainers of coreutils to fix their broken code in cp". Even better
(and I like this option the most) a little of both?

-- Rob

  Last update: 2008-10-25 10:51    [W:0.687 / U:0.024 seconds]