SubjectRe: io resources and cached mappings (was: [git pull] drm patches for 2.6.27-rc1)
Date

> okay. So ... mind sending your io_mapping patch as a generic facility?
> It looks all good to me in its present form, except that it should live
> in include/linux/io.h, not in the drivers/gpu/drm/i915/io_reserve.h file
> :-)

The first patch in this series (assuming I'm driving git-send-email
correctly) adds the io_mapping API. I ended up creating a new
linux/io_mapping.h file as the kernel init code uses io.h and got very angry
when I tried to include linux/highmem.h from that. I'm afraid I gave up at
that point and just moved the code to a new file.

The second patch switches the drm/i915 driver to the new API. Performance
improvements on 64-bit kernels are impressive as we were using the slow path
before and now get to take advantage of 64-bit wonderfulness.

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans