SubjectRTL8111/8168B multicast bug
Hello,

Are there any known bugs regarding using the "Realtek Semiconductor
Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168B PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller" to
receive multicast packets?

I am developing a piece of software to receive a multicast signal as
produced by the mp4live program in the mpeg4ip project. The software
has worked on a wide variety of hardware until I got to this one
machine with the above realtek chip. I noticed it was unable to
connect to the stream. I was never able to get it to properly receive
the signal until I put in a new NIC, a "3Com Corporation
3c905C-TX/TX-M" and now the program is once again receiving multicast
packets.

So I believe the realtek driver is possibly not doing something correctly.

Are there any known issues with my hardware? Is there anything I could
do from a kernel space or user space level that would further help
diagnose the problem?

My OS is an up to date Fedora with all fedora packages except the
piece of software I am developing.

Thanks,
Jon

  Last update: 2008-10-23 18:17    [W:0.037 / U:33.384 seconds]