    SubjectRe: [RFC patch] genirq threading (v2) for ehci, ohci and uhci USB hosts and ohci1394
    On Tue, 2008-10-21 at 11:37 +0930, Jonathan Woithe wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > > > This patch series implements support for threaded irq handlers for the
    > > > generic IRQ layer.
    > >
    > > Subject: genirq threading for ehci, ohci and uhci USB hosts.
    > >
    > > This is a functional POC for partitioning of the USB interrupt handlers into
    > > a quickcheck function and a threaded main-handler function.
    > > :
    > > The ieee1394/ohci1394.c is a bit more problematic, since it does not use
    > > struct usb_hcd, and therefore another place for the status cache must be found,
    > > in struct ti_ohci presumably.
    > > I will send a separate patch for ieee1394/ohci1394.c after looking at it more.
    >
    > Thanks for sending this through; I will endeavour to test it over the coming
    > days. I'll also see if I can test it for the case where USB and ieee1394
    > share IRQs. Even though ieee1394 isn't done yet these changes should
    > prevent the USB-related problems we've seen in FFADO when USB shares the
    > firewire IRQ.
    >
    > Having said that, the forthcoming ohci1394.c patch will also be interesting
    > since that is the other area which will greatly benefit FFADO.

    Hi,

    I have re-released the patch set with support for ohci1394.

    I have not tested, for lack of hardware :: it compiles.

    The location of status_cache is now within the ti_ohci struct.

    That organization not entirely consistent with the USB side, predicated
    by other variation between the drivers.

    The updated patch queue is available here.

    http://www.thebigcorporation.com/Sven/genirq-usb/genirq-usb-v2.tar.bz2

    Bug fix:
    The declaration of status_cache has been made consistent u32.
    The former declaration of unsigned short (copied from uhci-hcd.c) it was
    probably too ambiguous for some architectures.

    Thanks,

    Sven

    > Regards
    > jonathan

      Last update: 2008-10-21 12:31    [W:0.042 / U:120.408 seconds]