SubjectRe: [RFC patch 0/5] genirq: add infrastructure for threaded interrupt handlers

* Daniel Walker <dwalker@mvista.com> wrote:

> > > Clearly threading irq handlers does have something to do with real
> > > time, unless this patch isn't actually threading anything ..

Well, that's clearly wrong: threaded IRQ handlers are not tied to
real-time in any way. Yes, they can be used for RT too but as far as the
upstream kernel is involved that's at most an afterthought.

and the "unless this patch isn't actually threading anything" bit does
not parse at all. The patches execute hard-IRQ handlers from special
kernel threads.

> > Clearly you have neither clue about real time nor about operating
> > systems in general.
>
> Here we go again Thomas.. You think you can have a conversation
> without the insults for once?

what Thomas said was a strong but fair reaction to your obviously
incorrect statement. What reaction did you expect?

Ingo

  Last update: 2008-10-02 21:31    [W:0.069 / U:0.172 seconds]