    SubjectRe: Block integrity patches for 2.6.28

    Jens> As far as I can tell, most of that commit is still fine. You
    Jens> want bdev_get_integrity() in blkdev.h, the 3 other moves and the
    Jens> unused bdev_get_tag_size() do not look like they are being used
    Jens> by this patch set.

    bdev_get_integrity() and bdev_get_tag_size() are being used by
    stacking drivers and filesystems to prepare I/O. It's correct that
    none of the in-tree stuff currently uses bdev_get_tag_size(). That's
    coming with the btrfs support. If you want to pull that out for now
    and have me put that back later in that's ok. Just adds another
    two-stage merge dependency for a later cycle.

    bdev_integrity_enabled() and blk_integrity_tuple_size() are only being
    used from within bio-integrity.c and can move there. I originally put
    them in blkdev.h because they are block device functions and not bio
    ditto.

    Want me to submit a new patch shuffling bdev_get_integrity() back
    where it came from?

    --
    Martin K. Petersen Oracle Linux Engineering

      Last update: 2008-10-02 15:59    [W:0.043 / U:91.492 seconds]