SubjectRe: [RFC] Kernel version numbering scheme change
> And that's my point here, do we want to change the current numbering
> scheme as people have expressed annoyances of the current one.

But any new scheme will be just as annoying to someone and it messes up
existing documentation, understanding and risks breaking third party
tools.

Is it really worth the hassle, plus we'll have to change again if we use
date/times because once we are shipping Linux out to Alpha Centauri with
colonists there will be serious problems trying to compute the effect of
tau on release numbering ...

(Ducks)

Alan

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans