    SubjectRe: union mount status
    Jan Blunck wrote:
    > On Wed, Oct 15, Daniel Lezcano wrote:
    >> Hi all,
    >> What is the status of this patchset ?
    >> Bharata Rao told me, no consensus was reached yet.
    >> After looking at Jan Blunk's ftp server, it looks like the latest
    >> patchset was for 2.6.25-mm1. Is anyone working on this patchset right now ?
    > Not that I know of.
    > The state is as follows: we (David Woodhouse, Bharata Rao, Erez Zadok and me)
    > agreed on a more or less final version of the whiteout patches. I haven't
    > posted them yet since I know that Al Viro isn't convinced of the idea that
    > they are actaully necessary.

    The union mount could *very* interesting for the containers (aka
    namespaces). If you create a container, you can share the same rootfs
    between the different containers and make a COW for each container
    writing on its own filesystem, no ? Using together the mount namespaces,
    the union mount and the ro bind mount, can be very powerful IMHO.

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-10-15 22:25    [W:0.020 / U:1.004 seconds]