    SubjectRe: Accelerometer driver for HP laptops
    Pavel Machek schreef:
    > Hi!
    >
    > I took a look at the driver, and it seems to work for me... I'd like
    > to get it to the mainline...

    > I wonder if mdps was really a better name? Driver is HP-specific
    > (because of the ACPI usage), not really chip specific... and lis3lv02d
    > looks like an alphabet soup to me...
    >
    > Ok, it is a bit chip-specific, too...
    Yes, the point is that several people got interested in adding to the
    driver SPI and I²C support last time I submitted the driver. I did my
    best to concentrate the ACPI stuff only to some 3 or 4 small functions,
    so that it can be be easily done.

    > What are the next plans... lm_sensors is listed as orphan in
    > MAINTAINERS, so I guess I'll clean it up a tiny bit then submit to akpm?
    Yes I've hold things up because I can't get the free-fall detection
    working correctly on my laptop. However here is the merge window (not
    that it matters that much with new drivers), free-fall is "just" not
    always detected, and there are lots of people who have showed interest
    in the driver. Fixing the last small things can be done once in Linus'
    tree as well!

    I've got already a changelog ready. Give me a couple of days to clean
    things up and I'll send it to akpm myself :-)

    See you,
    Eric