    SubjectRe: XFS filesystem corruption on the arm(el) architecture
    Dave Chinner wrote:
    > Adding xfs@oss.sgi.com to the cc list so all the XFS folk see this.
    >
    > On Wed, Oct 01, 2008 at 10:38:22PM +0200, Tobias Frost wrote:
    >> (Note: Please CC me, as I am NOT on the lkml!!)
    >>
    >> Some time ago, I discovered some problems with xfs. Unfortunatly, I had
    >> no time diving into it. However, some weeks ago some other people
    >> running debian on ARM machines confirmed the problem on their machines
    >> starting at [1], so I think it is appropitate to at least report it.
    >> It has also been seen on 2.6.27-rc4 [2].
    >>
    >> summary: the xfs partition corrupts almost immediatly after creation. I
    >> had the impression, that the first unlink (rm) causes the corruption,
    >> but this might be just an impression.
    >>
    >> During the tests I made, I conserved a image of the corrupted filesystem
    >> which I can make available on request (it's 26 Mbyte, gzipped).
    >>
    >> Please let me know how I can assist you in finding the problem.
    >>

    >> [1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-arm/2008/08/msg00155.html
    >> [2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-arm/2008/08/msg00184.html
    >>
    >> Best regards,
    >> Tobias Frost
    >> http://blog.coldtobi.de
    >>
    >> PS: Thank you for your great work!

    At one point there were other patches floating around to "fix" arm which
    were not correct. Are these problems seen on a pristine 2.6.27-rc4
    kernel, or with other special arm patches applied?

    -Eric

      Last update: 2008-10-02 02:59    [W:0.040 / U:0.208 seconds]