    SubjectRe: Notes from LPC PCI/MSI BoF session
    On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 12:29:18PM -0700, Jesse Barnes wrote:
    > PCI address space management
    > ----------------------------
    > TJ has a bunch of code to improve address space management in Linux. We
    > talked for a few minutes about this at the BoF; at this point I'm just
    > waiting for TJ to post his stuff so we can start integrating it. Hopefully
    > we can start merging small pieces of it (like the multiple PCI gap stuff) for
    > 2.6.28, and get some more eyes on the more aggressive PCI-DMAR stuff he's
    > been talking about soon.
    >
    > Well that's all I have in the way of notes. Feel free to add your own if I
    > missed anything or correct me if I mischaracterized things.

    One thing that wasn't resolved at the meeting was the question of 64-bit
    addressing and PCI-PCI bridges (primarily because nobody had their
    PCI-SIG login with them). I've now downloaded the latest PCI-PCI Bridge
    spec and there are still no facilities to forward addresses >4GB (other
    than the prefetchable region that was already in PPB 1.1).

    --
    Matthew Wilcox Intel Open Source Technology Centre
    a retrograde step."

      Last update: 2008-10-01 17:03    [W:0.045 / U:0.136 seconds]