SubjectRe: SMACK netfilter smacklabel socket match
Casey Schaufler wrote:
>> Casey Schaufler wrote:
> If you really want to be abusive you could replace the smack_access()
> function in security/smack/smack_access.c (of all places) with a no-op
> returning 0 in all cases.

I thought of that too. :)
But i would rather like to use the thing in it's intended function
sometime in the future.

>> What I then to is write iptables OUTPUT chain matches which match for
>> any of these labels and set some connection marks and firewall marks.
>> Which I then can use in routing rules to give different routing rules
>> to specific processes. (Like all proxy traffic over a second DSL line)
>>
>> I know, it's totally crazy. But it seems to work. :)
>> I just hope the security part of this all will not break anything. But
>> it does not look like it would right now.
>
> Smack will eventually bite you if you're not careful, but users of
> MAC systems wouldn't be surprised by that.
Speaking of the devil...
This is exactly what happened to me right now. I have problems with
_some_ https connects. The problem lies somewhere in openssl.
I did not yet find any clue with strace.
Is there some straight forward way to audit/debug LSM interventions?

I have probably missed something that a labeled process could not do as
a '_' process could. Have no idea right now, but it is probably
something stupidly simple.

> I don't think it's crazy,
> I think it's a matter of using what's available in novel ways.
I like that attitude. :)

--
Tilman Baumann
Software Developer

p: +49 (0) 89-990157-0
f: +49 (0) 89-990157-11

Geschaeftsfuehrer: William K. Hite / Boris Nalbach
AG Muenchen HRB 158898, Ust.-IdNr: DE 814464942

  Last update: 2008-10-01 13:33    [W:0.066 / U:0.984 seconds]