    SubjectRe: [patch] split MMC_CAP_4_BIT_DATA
    On Jan 9, 2008 4:49 AM, Pierre Ossman <> wrote:
    > On Tue, 8 Jan 2008 14:40:49 -0500
    > Mike Frysinger <> wrote:
    > >
    > > i dont understand what's confusing. the Blackfin on chip host controller only
    > > supports 1-bit MMC, but it supports 4-bit SD/SDIO. this is a fact. while it
    > > may be a stupid decision, it is what it is, and i need the framework made
    > > more flexible in order to get the Blackfin driver merged cleanly. we do
    > > software for hardware, we dont do hardware.
    > Well, since I've seen no _hardware_ differences between 4-bit MMC and 4-bit SD, "support" in this case must me "vendor will guarantee it works". And that is not the kind of "support" that needs a distinction in the code.
    > So, again, if you feel that there is a hardware difference between 4-bit MMC and 4-bit SD then please elaborate as it is my understanding that they are identical.

    As Mike said, the reason split this flag is because Blackfin on-chip
    SDIO controller's limitation.
    Cliff is working on it for a long time, so I dropped him in. Hope he
    can clarify the confusing things.

    -Bryan Wu

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-01-09 03:35    [W:0.034 / U:56.616 seconds]