SubjectRe: [JANITOR PROPOSAL] Switch ioctl functions to ->unlocked_ioctl
On Tue, Jan 08, 2008 at 09:03:13PM +0100, Paolo Ciarrocchi wrote:
> On Jan 8, 2008 9:00 PM, Matthew Wilcox <matthew@wil.cx> wrote:
> > On Tue, Jan 08, 2008 at 08:58:04PM +0100, Paolo Ciarrocchi wrote:
> > > -static const struct file_operations rtc_fops = {
> > > +static long rtc_fioctl(struct file_operations rtc_fops)
> > > +{
> > > + lock_kernel();
> > > .owner = THIS_MODULE,
> >
> > You should probably restrict yourself to files that you can at least
> > compile ...
>
> Yes of course, I've been silly in didn't verify whether the file compile
> but I would appreciate to know whether I'm on the right track or not.

Well ... you're not.

You've deleted the definition of rtc_fops for no reason I can tell.

You put an unlock_kernel() on every place that invokes break;. You
should instead have put an unlock_kernel() before every return;.

You needed to put a lock_kernel() at the beginning of rtc_ioctl().

You needed to adjust the prototype of rtc_ioctl().

Honestly, if your C skills are as weak as they seem to be, you may be
better off trying to gain experience with some other project -- the
patch you sent appeared to be simple cargo-cult programming, and we
don't need that kind of contribution.

a retrograde step."

  Last update: 2008-01-08 21:19    [W:0.108 / U:0.216 seconds]