SubjectRe: [patch] scsi: revert "[SCSI] Get rid of scsi_cmnd->done"

* Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org> wrote:

> These things *are* fairly rare (most bugs by _far_ are of the trivial
> stupid kind), but some of those things can stay around for a long
> time, and it can take months of different people reporting similar
> problems until somebody finally puts two and two together and sees the
> pattern.

one common pattern i've noticed is bug dependency. In some areas we need
to fix a series of 2-3 increasingly less trivial bugs to get enough test
exposure, tester confidence and developer attention to trigger (and fix)
the _truly_ bad bugs.

That's why agressive regression elimination (and prevention) is so
important IMHO - trivial regressions can totally block testing of
certain areas of code, and with an agressive 90 days release schedule
every day counts.

Ingo

  Last update: 2008-01-08 21:05    [W:0.321 / U:0.092 seconds]