SubjectRe: Top 10 kernel oopses for the week ending January 5th, 2008
Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org> writes:

> I usually just compile a small program like

Just use scripts/decodecode and cat the Code line into that.

> particularly good way to do it, and the old "ksymoops" program used to do
> a pretty good job of this, but I'm used to that particular idiotic way
> myself, since it's how I've basically always done it)
>
> After that, you still need to try to match up the assembly code with the
> source code and figure out what variables the register contents actually
> are all about. You can often try to do a
>
> make the/affected/file.s

IMHO better is

make the/file/xyz.lst

which gives you a listing with binary data in there which can be
grepped for.

But you should install a very recent binutils because older objdump -S
couldn't deal with unit-at-a-time compilers.

-Andi

  Last update: 2008-01-08 18:11    [W:0.072 / U:9.404 seconds]